VACANCY – Food Prep Assistant and Chef vacancies – Oakham Store
Permanent food prep/service team member.
We are looking to add to our existing food service team. The successful candidate would work up to 40 hours hours per week, including Saturdays and/or Sundays, alongside the current team
- Maintenance of work areas, utensils and kitchen areas, in line with health and safety and Stray’s Health and Hygiene policies.
- Monitoring, maintenance and correct storage of fresh and cooked foodstuff, working within Stray’s Safe Methods.
- Preparation of food to specific standard and timings set by the food team manager, to ensure no delay in the supply of fresh and cooked items.
- Proactive approach to dealing with issues that may arise during food preparation, referring to the team leader when necessary.
- Forward planning when ordering items from suppliers on a daily basis, in both kitchens.
- Monitoring and completion of Daily Food Diary and daily checklists
- To work in co-operation with other food staff and servery team to ensure smooth operation of both functions.
- To assist with delivery of food to customers and clearing tables when needed
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Proven ability to prepare and serve food to consistently high standards
- Current Health and Hygiene qualifications an advantage
- Food Prep/ Short order: min 1 year, held within the last 18 months.