We are recruiting for a full-time permanent position to work in our busy coffee bar and eatery.
- All successful candidates must demonstrate proven experience in the food/hospitality arena.
- Good work ethic and service attitude essential
- 35+ hours per week including a Saturday and/or Sunday
- Previous experience with making artisan coffees is useful but not essential
- Previous applicants need not apply
- Persons wishing to seek employment for short-term (ie Summer) need not apply
Vacancy – Floor Supervisor
Due to our continued expansion and success we are recruiting for an experienced floor supervisor.
A successful candidate would demonstrate relevant experience of a supervisory role within the front-of-house restaurant/food sector, plus 3 years experience of working in this sector within the last 5 years.
Relevant professional qualifications would be advantageous but not essential.
This is a permanent position most suited to someone looking to further their career in the restaurant industry. Up-to-date IT skills are essential and credentials to demonstrate this would be required at interview. At Stray’s, you are joining an established, first-generation family-owned and run business with our sights set high.
We are looking to add to our existing food service team. The successful candidate would work 30+ hours per week, including Saturdays and/or Sundays, alongside the current team
- Maintenance of work areas, utensils and kitchen areas, in line with health and safety and Stray’s Health and Hygiene policies.
- Monitoring, maintenance and correct storage of fresh and cooked foodstuff, working within Stray’s Safe Methods.
- Preparation of food to specific standard and timings set by the food team manager, to ensure no delay in the supply of fresh and cooked items.
- Proactive approach to dealing with issues that may arise during food preparation, referring to the team leader when necessary.
- Forward planning when ordering items from suppliers on a daily basis, in both kitchens.
- Monitoring and completion of Daily Food Diary and daily checklists
- To work in co-operation with other food staff and servery team to ensure smooth operation of both functions.
- To assist with delivery of food to customers and clearing tables when needed
If you’ve never visited Stray’s, you’re missing out – Not just because of our great coffee, cakes etc but because you won’t meet the great people that make up our truly dynamic team…
What makes our team work so well?
Partly it’s because the owners work in the business, so from the get-go, there’s no theoretical management – it’s all real stuff.
Then, there’s the characteristics we look for in a person – self-motivation; the ability to focus on the task at hand; a keen eye for detail and above all else, the desire to genuinely care about people and look after them.
We don’t just look for previous experience as a must-have. We believe in hiring nice people and teaching any new skills required as we go along – that’s why none of our Baristas have had any previous experience. That way, Mat knows he can start fresh and pull out real potential and nurture it within the team.
That said, experience is also very useful – After 16 years and almost 1,000,000 coffees later, there’s not much Mat can’t tell you about how to make the best coffee possible! All our supervisors have proven themselves and worked their way up their respective ladders!
This is not meant to be a guide to what to write in your CV – rather to let you know that we hire nice people and train them to do all the other stuff, as we don’t believe you can train people to be nice in the first place!
Successful players in the team at Stray’s demonstrate their desire to put customers before themselves – the nature of our business means by definition, it’s often tough work with high pressure. But the rewards are big too. Not least, the fact that 75% of our business is from repeat customers who’ve made coming to Stray’s part of their day. Our staff take pride in their work and are committed to delivering consistent service to everyone in the building.
So before you put pen to paper to paper, please remember that team Stray’s can only accept new members who strive to be the best – anything else, just wouldn’t be right.